Sunday, 21 July 2013


I think the progress would have greater had I done things by the book. Oh well......
Didn't enlarge the pattern for the arm enough so I had to leave out the fold all together. Then the cuff fit right in where they should. But having lace instead of a fold? I think it looks good. I also used sewing thread with a bit darker tone than the fabric to accommodate the colour of the embroidery. Since this is a thin fabric I used french seams, and that will help the cuffs to stand up as well since they are made out of a single layer of fabric. I might have to add a small stitch or two just to make sure.  The back piece is done, I just have to figure out how to sew the  front and back together since the back piece is shorter than the front pieces.
All of these questions could have been answered a long time ago had I made a muslin.....but I didn't take the time.........this time :)


  1. I love the look of this embroidery. It's very feminine and nice to see hand work for a change.

    1. Thank you wendypea :) I do love making different things by hand. Even large quilts :) I may take a bit longer but I have full controll and I learn something new each time.