Saturday, 30 May 2015

Time fly...

... sometimes too fast and things change. Since I'm searching for a new home, I have left 1912 for the time being. BUT I still need some new clothes from time to time so I'm still sewing. This time it is from the 40's and 30's. First out is this blouse.
.
I planned to make it in silk and picked this dotted fabric for a test run of the pattern. But ..... I think I'm going to stick to it. I like the dots, the colour and how it behaves. I'll keep this as is I think.

 The second item is this 30's sweater. Here represented with one arm and the pattern.
It is finished but I don't have any pictures of that just yet. That will have to be in the next posting :)
I knotted it with baby merino wool and 2.5 mm knitting needles. It sure took its time but I liked it. I've always been told that horizontal stripes will make you look fatter, but I didn't find this to be true with this pattern. Why? Because the pattern has a snug fit, no extra with anywhere except for the puffy arms. Those really give you a wonderful siluette. 
This is my third try on a vintage pattern. Either I'm not as big as I tend to think or the patterns are more roomy than we think.Give it a go. It's great fun :D

No comments:

Post a Comment