Wednesday, 28 October 2015

A Sew-along?

I have never hosted a Sew-Along and never participated in one (can you believe it?).  But I downloaded this FREE early 1950's pattern:
You may join me in this project. There will not be any fixed dates for each step but i will post as I go ahead. It's a German pattern from a magazine. You will be downloading about 8 A4 pages, glue them together and trace off the pattern pieces.

 I discovered that the lines didn't fit together very well. Just go as close as you can and fix the problem when you trace off the pieces. This pattern is in cm (metric system) and not inches. 1 inch = 2.54 cm. The size is an european size 46. I think it equals a size B40 (USA). Not sure about the UK size.
I'm making a muslin to see if i got everything right. This is my fabric for that. Even this I wanted to do in a nice fabric and colour. If it turns out great I will keep it as a full day dress during spring/summer. All I need to do now is to not gain weight until next spring. In the meantime I will read the few instruction that was given in the pattern. Did I mention that the pattern is in German AND English? :D
You can find her on Facebook as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment