Tuesday 5 June 2012

My first post

This is my second blogg and it will be all about my vintage sewing experiences. Quite suitable this template isn't it?  Well, this is my first project, lace gloves.

A piece of white paper to show the rose pattern

I went shopping the other day and came accross a good offer: 3 items for $16. The two first items were easy to find but the third one..........? I gave up and was about to leave the store when I suddenly saw this pair of lace shorts. Then I had my three items.
All seams cut away

I started to cut way the seams and the waistband and had two good pieces with lace. Now came the scary part: will the pattern be the right size?
Kept the lower seams
I kept the hem seam at the end of each leg since they were to be at the wrist of the gloves. No need to take unecessary steps, are there?


My left hand glove
 Since the fabric is sttretchy lace I didn't take any chanse with the sewing machine. I did these gloves all by hand. It wasn't as difficult as I thought it might be. Next time I'll go for fabric so the will look like the gloves Rose wore. I only have two hands I can only show you one glove.
I'm quite pleased with the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment