Thursday, 13 June 2013

The collar of the blouse

It's not easy to see, but the colour of the fabric is a very light pink so I'm using a light pink but in darker tone.
The scallops are only outlined and filled with another thread that is not going to show when all the stitching is done.
Even thoug I have done a lot of embroidery over the years I have never really practiced this technique. So far it's looking good. I started with the collar since they are the smaller pices and I wouldn't waste a lot of fabric and thread if I'm not pleased with the result. I'm using one stand of DMC embroidery thread and for the filling and outline of the scallops I've used Aurfil 28w. That's what I had on hand.....and a lot of.

No comments:

Post a Comment