Sunday, 18 August 2013

Final result

I have to make an adjustment to the skirt. Adding a bit to the width of the bottom of the skirt to make it possible to walk at a normal pace. I had to lift the skirt several times today since I'm not used to walk that slowly.....
Got some great positive comments as I walk around in the city today as well :)

The DRESS is finished.....

.........but I still have to make the belt :)

Not my prettiest zipper work, but it'll do for now :)

Saturday, 17 August 2013

My lunch dress

This are the pieces from the Butterick pattern below. I thought I made a good choice.

But no matter how hard I tried, it just wasn't the right shape for me.

So I turned to this Danielle pattern ( free at Burda Style ). I have allready used it once and was very pleased with it.
Here I'm adding loose lace to the skirt pieces.

Trying to figure out how to add the lace over the shoulders. The arms are made of lace from another project (1912 project), and had to be sewn by hand. Otherwise the sewing machine would have ruined the lace.

Time to stitch the lace to the bodice by hand and adding the skirt. More pictures to come :)

Wednesday, 7 August 2013

Another project..... in the making. I have seen a lot of lace jackets and dresses from the edwardian era. I discovered Brattenburg lace and Romanian Point Lace. Both very beautiful and not that difficult to make. RPL is a little bit easier because I don't have to buy anything, I can use what I allready have.

The first ball of crochet yarn is turned into useful braid for RPL. 100 gram gave me 19 metres. I have two more 100 gram balls to use. That should give me about 57 metres in total. Since I haven't done anything like this before, I don't know how far that will bring me. Testing, testing :)

My E1000 blouse is comming along just nicely as well. That hand embroidery do take its time :)